Thread: Wampus Cat
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 09:54 PM   #40
TxCajun

Re: Wampus Cat

Fixing a couple things inside the cab before I put the outer roof back on:

While I still have access to the inside of the B pillar from the top, I added upper shoulder belt mounting points following the method described in the post -> http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=shoulder+belt

My cab did not have a passenger side sun visor, but the donor roof did, so I added in the mounting features on the inside of the roof to use that passenger donor visor when I start putting things back together.

My dash radio area was not as mangled as some that I've seen on this forum, but it had been modified at some point in the past with an extra hole and a larger rectangular cutout. I welded in a couple of patches, but still need to re-cut the rectangular opening to the correct size so that the pattern will be hole Ctr to Ctr 6 3/8" and radio-face rectangular opening 1 1/2" x 4 1/2".

I also weld plugged and ground flush about a half dozen miscellaneous drilled holes on the face of the dash. (It would be interesting to know what kind of strange stuff previous owners mounted on the dash with sheet metal screws. (CB radios, cup holders, auxiliary gauges, ...... ???)
Attached Images

TxCajun is offline   Reply With Quote