View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 12:51 PM   #2
Beach-Burban

Re: What are you guys doing for replacement seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish View Post
I am looking at a 72 Burb 2x4, and from what I can see in pics it has no seats in it. It would be nice to find some seats that look good and fit right. If at all possible I would like to keep the 9 passenger seating arrangement as well.

Suggestions?
Welcome to the group, Deathwish...I'm new here myself, but have been reading and learning from this forum for about 5 years! This is a fantastic site and the people here are quick to offer-up suggestions, solutions and a whole lot more! I too have a '72 Suburban 9 passenger...and haven't figured out how I want to do my seats, but at least I already have three rows (center and rear are originals; front bench is out of a square body...unsure of the year...'89 maybe?). From what I have learned here, without any seats, your biggest obstacle will be finding seat brackets...as they are not reproduced by anyone. If you have any fabrication skills, this probably won't hinder you much, though? I've been looking into using more modern seats out of a '07 or newer Suburban, Yukon or Escalade...as the have built-in shoulder straps for all rear seats...but I really want to find a way to update the original seats while keeping the "nostalgic" look! Search around on the site (use the google search up top) and I'm sure you will learn a lot! Hope this helps?
Woody
Beach-Burban is offline   Reply With Quote