View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 08:46 PM   #11
msg

Re: Spark plug wires to get and set up?

Ok, I ordered the 67 corvette Taylor set to start with and bought the heat shield sleeves for the boots as well. I tried running them under vs over the top to see if I can make that work. Ill attach pics of what I have and see if you guys think its safe.. and if I wired this thing up right.

I assumed the HEI diagram and the firing order is correct for an L31? I used it as a guide on how to run the wires.

After running the wires I learned that the driver side header is designed differently than the passenger side. The 1st cylinder exhaust makes it way too tight of a space to sneak a wire into. Every time I tried it just looked like a no go. Maybe the shorty plug that burnin oil mentioned would help give better clearance?

As another option I took the wire and ran it out to the frame and under the engine mount. Not pretty but if I install a clip on the firewall instead of tape it would keep it from dangling onto the back of the header.

Here are some of the pics of that tight spot on the driver side and trying to route the wire under the header.
Attached Images