Thread: 55.2-59 Under bed fuel tank help
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 11:55 PM   #8
Missyblue

Re: Under bed fuel tank help

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ogre View Post
you need the x-member at the rear shackle mounts to keep the frame from flexing at the mounts
you have an x-member at rear and front spring mounts and at the front/rear cab brackets
i used a 20 gal tank similar to washing blue and needed to move the x-member back a few inches
so yes, you still need the rear x-member, moving it is a compromise, but you'll probably never haul a ton gravel
either move it back, i used 2x4 sq tubing going back in, but i also shortened my frame

shock bracket: again this doubles as a brace to keep the frame hump from flexing in/out
if it's not in your way just weld it up, if you need the space, weld in something in front of the axle
use either shock mounts, front or rear. i think they figured out that front leaning forward is better
Thank you for all the Info!! Yeah so I'm waiting on the tank to make sure but I potentially can leave the old shock crossmember. But the one for the leaf spring si thought I could cut the bottom off that hangs down and leave it across the top for some support in that area? Not sure if it's worth it but I could leave it. The tank will just shove up against it. I do plan on having straps to be able to drop the tank. That's would stink if I kept having to pull the bed

And yeah wont be hauling a ton of gravel that I know of haha.
Missyblue is offline   Reply With Quote