View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 09:16 PM   #59
Ekliptix

Re: My 4/6" ECE lowering install thread - 72 Shorty

Question: I'm putting the front brakes back on but I'm having trouble slipping the caliper back on the rotor with the pads. It feels way too tight. Is the correct way to:
1) With the caliper off the rotor, place the inner and outer brake pad in the caliper.
2) keeping the pads in place against the walls of the caliper with my fingers, slip the caliper onto the rotor.

If so, when I try this, there is no space for the caliper & pads to slip on to the rotor. In the photo, I got it started then lightly tapped the caliper with a hammer but this seems wrong and I don't want to ruin the pads. You can see in the photo the pads have a pronounced ridge running down their face. This fits in to a matching groove in the rotor. Already (removing or trying to place) these ridges on the pads are less then perfect. Not sure how critical this is. Rotors are not expensive but if it's no biggie, great.

Input?

Also, I'm installing a new poly transmission mount. What is the factor torque spec when I'm tightening it up?

Ekliptix is offline   Reply With Quote