View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #1
TopGear_67

New '67 C-10 from NC - TopGear_67

Hello,

I'm in the process of moving into my parents old house and basically all thats there is left to me. There is a green 67 C-10 that had been parked under the car-port for several years. It was my grandpas old Daily Driver.

It has a straight 6, so I dont know if its the 4.1L or the 4.8L.
It has the manual 3 speed trans.
It's got the wood lined bed, rear sliding window, leather green seats, deluxe heat and chrome trim, also has a radio (I think?)

I'm trying to learn more about it and initially get it running, If it comes to be that I get to keep it in the future then it will get a LS motor swap, suspension, wheels and basically be a reliable, but mechanically updated pickup, while still looking as OEM as possible.

Quick background:
23yrs old, recent graduate from college, just got married and now renovating a house to live in. Been a motorsports enthusiast for about 7 years, my father has a background in classic cars, mostly just owning them and not working on them so I'd have so admit I probably know more than him.

He owns a '69 Stingray Corvette roadster with a 350SB that he hasn't had running in about 4 years, and I brought it back to life this spring with a new fuel tank, sending unit, fuel lines and filter, as well as spark plugs and oil. I did this myself so he kind of trusts me now as the mechanic on the '67 chevy at the new house.

My background is mostly in tuners, I have (2) Mazda MX-5's (miatas) that I absolutely love and are my favorite cars. I have learned just about all that I know from them because of how much modification and maintenance I have done on them. one is supercharged and my newest NB mazdaspeed miata is turbocharged. I have to admit I am way more knowledgeable on fuel injection than carbs. so that will be a challenge. but otherwise I have done a lot of jobs on cars and I think I can handle most of what this truck will throw at me.

Last edited by TopGear_67; 08-03-2016 at 12:59 PM.
TopGear_67 is offline   Reply With Quote