View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 09:57 PM   #32
HO455
Post Whore

Re: SWB 4x4 was totaled. Now what? Can I get it back?

It is important at this point to tell the insurance company that all future conversations will be in writing. This will prevent confusion and backtracking, or just plain lying by them. The process will be slower but it is less likely that they will cheat you. The adjuster is working for the insurance company and his/her compensation is based on how much money they save the company. They will ALWAYS come back low and try stonewall you until you give up. You don't have to threaten them with a lawyer but you need to get sound advice from a professional. It could be a lawyer, or does your state have a state insurance board or commission? They can be a great free or low cost alternative to learn and defend your rights. I know here in Oregon when you get stonewalled insurance companies usually change their tone when they hear they will have to go in front of the insurance board. Every state is different and you have the added aggravation of two states.
Good luck.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote