View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 07:14 AM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Re: SWB 4x4 was totaled. Now what? Can I get it back?

Just remember, that truck is your property and you signed no agreement to do business with this company. Contracts/dealings always have two sides to satisfy. You should never allow the insurance company to call all the shots to best suit themselves. One half of the deal is a business looking at their profits and losses (not that there ever are losses, overall) then there is innocent you the victim of their policy holder's actions. It's a fight you were thrust into and it's your right to fight for the value of your property. You aren't asking them to buy your truck, you still want it.

If it gets nasty tell them you realize your truck still has a high salvage value being what it is and with the extent of damage and that they want to use that to help recoup their losses on the rest. The total picture isn't your problem and that truck is yours to decide it's fate

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 06-09-2017 at 07:14 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote