View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #49
georgieb51

Re: SWB 4x4 was totaled. Now what? Can I get it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Juat remember, that truck is your property and you signed no agreement to do business with this company. Contracts/dealings always have two sides to satisfy. You should never allow the insurance company to call all the shots to best suit themselves. One half of the deal is a business looking at their profits and losses (not that there ever are, overall) then there is innocent you the victim of their policy holder's actions. It's a fight you were thrust into and it's your right to fight for the value of your property. You aren't asking them to buy your truck, you still want it.

If it gets nasty tell them you realize your truck still has a high value being what it is and with the extent of damage and that they want to use that to help recoup their losses on the rest. The total picture isn't your problem and that truck is yours to decide it's fate
Special-K, I have always enjoyed reading what you have to say about anything. Does the "K" refer to an interest in 4x4s? About my truck, I appreciate the support and the point of view you are presenting, but I am not sure I am understanding it all. Are you saying that the insurance company is clearly "losing" money (because they have to pay out) on the other 9 vehicles and that they are trying to recoup something on mine because of the controversial nature of its value?
In general I am getting tougher as time goes by and I continue to be ignored and get the silent treatment. I am sticking to my guns about the value of my truck, I repeatedly state I am not giving this truck up, I have the title and will NOT be giving that up, and as far as I know no one can put this truck in an auction without me surrendering the title. Of course the insurance folks probably want me to surrender the title before they will pay me anything at all, but right now I am being kept in the dark by them. So for now I am basically sticking to my belief that I am keeping this truck somehow. Even the wrecking company (where my truck is now located) told me that my truck cannot be moved anywhere as long as I hold the title and that I am in control in that regard. Thanks so much for your guidance, George.
1967 Chevy K10 Short Stepside, unrestored original.
1969 GMC CST (Longhorn) 396, buckets, unrestored.
1995 GMC K2500, 65,000 miles, 454.
georgieb51 is offline   Reply With Quote