Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 03:22 AM   #422
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

I also learned a little information tonight...I guess a crook is gonna be a crook no matter what. I was always taught and under the impression that when looking at older vehicles that you should take a magnet with you to check the body....and I did that when I bought mine and of course thought I was getting a fairly rustfree truck.

When I picked up my truck tonight they straightened the tailgate since it had a slight bow in it....well when they did the outside cracked...Yes BONDO. So I decided to dig out to see how bad it was, but before I did I stuck a magnet to see if it would stick.

Well guess what it stuck...so it cant be that thick...just a skim coat..WRONGO!!!!!!

Evidentially the previous owner or whomever "Fixed Up" this rust free truck decided that just as I thought that anyone who wanted to buy it would bring a magnet....just like I did.

So in their sneakiness and deceptiveness they took metal shavings/dust and added it to the bondo before they spread it,,,guess what happens then? Magnets stick to Bondo.

Yes I dug down till I found true metal and noticed the metal fragments in the bondo. Previously I thought because I was using a wire wheel to get the bondo out and the wire wheel was breaking that I was just getting wheel spinters….well turns out that actually I was getting the metal shavings from the bondo.

I cant stand a crook, liar and a thief...Now I really know why the PO wont answer my calls. Karma and the Good Lord will get whomever did this.

Its hard to see the metal shavings/dust in the bondo but trust me its there. This one spot is at least 1/2 in thick.

So looks like im gonna have to look for a tailgate now......That stinks!!!!
Attached Images

2019 GMC AT4

Last edited by Johns 66; 03-08-2019 at 10:03 AM.
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote