View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:44 PM   #88
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

I finished up all the sounded deadening on the floor and back of the cab. I had just enough after going through 2 boxes. I would have doubled up in a few spots had I had extra.

I also added a roll of radiant barrier on top of whats pictures above. Of course I forgot to take pictures. I was able to run the wiring for the speaker crossovers down the tunnel between 2 pieces of the barrier. I used aluminum tape to hold everything down.

I laid the carpet down last evening. Not super stoked about the fitment of it. Its pretty loose in some spots. As in their seems to be extra material molded where its not needed. But I didn't lay it out ahead of time either so maybe itll smooth out. I may have to do something with the gas pedal as well, when the floor mat is on top I cant get the pedal all the way down to get 100% TPS.

Tonight I punched/drilled all the holes and temporarily hooked up my speakers and finished the wiring for the amp. First time Ive ever mounted an amp in a dash. :-) Everything works nice. My speakers obviously need a housing.

I picked up a sheet of 1/16" abs that Im gonna use to make a plate for mounting the bluetooth remote. It'll also cover up the extra holes for the original style radio.

Thanks for watching.