View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 10:15 PM   #2
patbeard44

Re: Project: Fireball 1974 Custom 20

Alright a little update to update us to today.

A night shot of the 74, gosh she sure is pretty

Next to make it a little more legal, some mudflaps courtesy of one of the old grain trucks.

Thought i'd take a picture of it before i drove it to school, and it inevitably broke something or lost something, except it hasnt yet... which surprised me seeing as it sat for 15 years before me and my buddy got it running.

Well after a week or so i got tired of tools and such falling off when i gun it leaving the school parking lot. So it was time for its first long range trip, other than the 15 mile trip to school everyday. So it was time to head towards the junkyard and low and behold it was nice enough to "turn on the a/c"

Next thing ya know, it being Kansas, the next day it snowed, which made me kinda like the idea of white paint.. hmm...

But i did accomplish something, look at that two tone paint

The bed is off of a 70s something 3+3 crew cab.

Well it was semi nice, so i thought "Why not... I'll start the restoration of it now" its not like i was going to drive it or anything...

Almost everything i think is fixable so thats a plus..

Let me tell you, that hood and them doors are perty dang heavy if your taking them off by yourself lol

Down to the core support... so the question arises.. shall i leave the engine in it, or transfer the L82 350 out of one of my teachers 79 corvette... anyone got an opinion on it? id love to here your guy's thoughts!
patbeard44 is offline   Reply With Quote