View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 08:47 PM   #93
Spray-Bomb
Texas Big Wig

Re: "Rice Rocket'

Looks good dude

Personally I like the grill painted body color

As for your gas door, go round... square parts look stupid on a round truck

And dont bore your engine over any more than it needs... boring over for power is a waste, you dont get any more power really (you cant feel it) & your engine wont be able to be rebuilt as many times & they can tend to get hot when you get the cylinders too thin

As for a trans, it really depends on how you drive it, I havent seen you say anything about hauling anything heavy (4 wheelers dont count unless you haul at least 4 of them) so a granny 1st trans isnt anything you NEED, but it wont hurt anything you just wont ever use first gear unless you are taking off on a really steep hill
If you arent hot rodding it or speed shifting, then a NV-3500 would do you well, they arent the strongest thing, but you can haul stuff like a boat with them & you get over drive which would go great with 3:73 gears in the back

If you dont care about OD then an old car 4-speed would work good too
But then again your 3OTT would be fine too, & with a floor shifter they are kinda neat, plus it gives you an excuse to put ur hand in between ur GFs legs lol

Just dont rattle can it or cut it up & you should be good

Here is my old highschool truck & my buddys burb that he drives to school as his DD

Killer

Last edited by Spray-Bomb; 02-22-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Spray-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote