View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 06:28 PM   #14
notchbackgta

Re: Notchbackgtas 1969 Suburban

Ugh, why do people booger up cars? In addition to tons of extra, unused wires, the front seat was only held in with two bolts.

Pulled out the front seat (I pulled the rear a while ago) to start putting down proper vibration dampening and sound deadening in addition to a carpet kit. I am going to have to call the manufacturer about the carpet kit. It appears that I got two of the same side wheel hump carpets, and one of the is cut crooked, on the edge where they put the welting, so it isn't like I can re-trim and hide it. I laid out the rear carpet since it is flat, it is not as nice as I hoped it would be. It is a little short in places and a little crooked at the sides. Some of the crookedness will be hidden by the wheel hump carpets but it is a disappointing since it is the highest of the line, the Essex with the mass backing, was $600 with the shipping.

Just have to pull the LH side seal belt retractor, vacuum and then wipe off all the residue from the factory vibration dampening. Someone removed most of that already, so that made for an easy job.
notchbackgta is offline   Reply With Quote