View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #52
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

The suspension from a '88 pickup will not bolt up to your '66. If you had gotten your parts from a '71-'87 pickup or '71-'92 Suburban, you could do as you are asking.

The complete pickup platform changed in '88, and is not interchangeable with earlier years. The only way you can use those parts on your '66 is to use your original upper control arm, a '63-'66 C20 lower control arm, and then install the '88 upper and lower balljoints, spindles, rotors, calipers, etc. This is the same as the 6 lug conversion described in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KACKERMANN View Post
hey guys thanks for this post it is very helpfull with my 66 build. but got a question. so i went to the local junk yard and pulled the front suspension from a 88 1/2 ton chevy truck got all the suspension except for the k-member. now if i rebuild that can i bolt that up to my 66. upper lower control arms spindle springs. steering linkage and all. i have read all the post on here and just wanted to see if i needed anything else for it.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE