View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 03:22 PM   #20
HeloCrewChief

Re: Picked up a 72 3/4 4x4 Burb

Well, I ran into a few snags with the Suburban but, thanks to Randy Lucero aka Randy500; things seem to be back on track. I purchased the engine from someone here on the forum and lets just say it was not great. Cam was wiped out and no compression. Anyway, by the time I got this thing running I had about 2 weeks left until I had to go back to work outside of the country for 10 weeks. As I type this, I'm sitting in my hotel room on day 12 of my quarantine period before I can even start work. I was finishing up some major home projects (converting my three single garage door garage to two 16' garage doors). I was a bit tired from tackling projects on my break and I knew I did not have time before I left to tear back into the Suburban. Randy came recommended to me a few years back when Keith (praiseguitarman) had him install factory A/C in his Blazer. Keith told me the quality of craftsmanship was excellent and done quick. I do not know how Randy does it but, he can crank out impressive work in short order. Anyway, I decided to leave the Suburban with him before I left out of town for work. He has a contact for an old school engine rebuilder. The guy knocked out a stock long block rebuild for $1200. He already has the engine back in it and running again. Sounds and looks great! I hate tapping out on projects but, with as busy as I have gotten in the last few years I've found it really is worth it to get a helping hand and keep a project moving forward instead of getting burnt out.
Attached Images

1968 Chevelle
1964 Comet Caliente
1990 W250 Cummins
HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote