Thread: Berthas Build
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 02:11 AM   #29
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: Berthas Build

I like the core support!! I like how you modified it. It looks like it should work well. On the pieces that you added to the top of the core support, you added a piece of steel that drops down to the original top of the core support. These end at the top of the c/s. If possible, can they be made longer and tie into the rolled edge?? That would add some nice structural integrity back into the area you cut up.

It looks like you are going to have a fun time getting your lower hose out of the confines of the frame rail. I may have to re-visit that area on my truck. It looks like I need to add some room for the hose, but there is no room to add.....

On the hydroboost, yeah, knock the studs out and flip the bracket. One set of bolt holes will line up, the other two you will mark and drill and you're done with the plate. The hole in the firewall will have to be opened up a few thou to fit the nut that holds the plate on h/b. I put some RTV on the plate around the nut to seal it when it is installed. Don't use too much or you will never get it off. Trust me on this one--seriously.

So where is the tensioner bracket??