View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 09:19 PM   #3
Mr_Rich

Re: Side-swiped on the street

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Sounds like it's worth checking. I got hit similarly a long time ago and suffered no appreciable drivetrain effects. Is the leak possibly a coincidence? I've seen crazier ones. Regardless, hit and run sucks. I wish we had a law that if somebody hits your car and doesn't notify you, that you could take their car and sell it for parts - without notifying them.
The leak doesn't seem to be a coincidence. It wasn't leaving a large puddle like this the last several months. I replaced the trans gasket a year or two ago. I have a deep cast aluminum pan which sealed pretty well. The drip seems to be from the gasket at the back of the TC/ driveshaft. I have my truck off the street now and I'll try to find a better place to store it. This truck is my back-up vehicle in case one of my others needs to be red-lined for something. I do have some spare parts; like tail light lenses, so that's one thing I can take care of. Thanks for the response.
1997 K2500 Chev. EC 7.4L/ 4L80E
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 HD R/C
Mr_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote