Thread: Rubber mat
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 09:52 PM   #9
Green Monster

Re: Rubber mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyOne View Post
Awesome - for documentations sake how did it fit (what was wrong with it?) and did the new one fit better? Do you have CST or NonCST carpet.

I installed ACC carpet in my Blazer in 2011 and it fit well although after 9 years it had faded from dark olive green to brown so it was time for to be replaced. I purchased and received ACC carpet set in July 2020. I was surprised how poorly the new carpet fit.

The returned carpet set was 80/20 loop for 72 CST high hump. The poorly fitting set was returned just last week and the new set hasn't shipped yet but I anticipate it will be delivered later this week.

The rear set was the correct overall width however it was 1.5" narrow between the wheel wells and 1.5" short to the rear. Cuts that were supposed to be straight were sloppy looking and wavy.

The front set was off center. The passenger side was heavy about 2" while the driver side was short 0.5". The cuts binding along the kick panels were sloppy/wavy. Numerous loop pulls along the parameter were sticking out from under the binding that could have been trimmed up before the set was shipped.

FWIW, the set was produced at 4:06 PM. Perhaps the job was rushed, the person making the carpet was tired, unskilled or just careless. Who knows, but the mistakes were glaringly obvious when the set was test fitted and even more so compared to my previous set it was replacing.

StockInteriors responded quickly, acknowledged my concerns with the ACC carpet set and took action to correct the problem by requesting photos and having UPS pickup the carpet from my doorstep.

Below are a few photos of the carpet set purchased in July 2020.
Attached Images

Last edited by Green Monster; 09-29-2020 at 11:17 AM.
Green Monster is offline   Reply With Quote