View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #73
Beelzeburb
Devil's in the Details

Re: Beelzeburb, The Story More Than a Decade in the Making

The hitch kit is listed on their website at $219, or it can be purchased sans ball mount and flip up frame for $169. I have no idea how much shipping was as mine was a gift.

The two rearmost holes on each side line up with the existing ones for the bumper support extensions. Four new holes (two per side) are drilled ahead of those and they are done with a 1/2" bit. I used the half incher to start the hole and then switched to a smaller bit to punch it through. I finished it off by opening it all the way with the 1/2" bit again. Pretty quick operation.

On a side note, I can finally fully close my driver side door again. I somehow got it misalligned years ago and today finally got around to prising the fender back and loosening the lowest hinge to pull it up / back. It's kinda nice being able to close and lock that side once more. This afternoon I also performed the Bi-Annual cowl leaf mucking out with a ShopVac. Once I finish another metal project (intake airbox) I might start on making a smooth cowl out of a spare I happen to have. I don't want to deal with leaves and other organic debris sitting damply in that area again.

Last edited by Beelzeburb; 01-20-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Beelzeburb is offline   Reply With Quote