View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #108
Beelzeburb
Devil's in the Details

Beelzeburb: Successes and Setbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesburb View Post
Looks good man!! With a nice straight hose like that, it should have nice fueling manners at the pump. Nothing more frustrating than having a thirsty vehicle that can only be filled one "click" at a time.
Thanks man. I'd have been happy just to have the unleaded restrictors in place, but with a nearly straight shot it seems to fill just fine so far from 5 gallon cans. I drove my Z nearly 1000 miles a couple of weekends ago and it was very tricky getting the pump nozzle and tube (about a 3" ID straight down) lined up in such a way as to prevent fuel splatter while trying to fill it to the top. There is one small pinhole in the Suburban's newly modified fill tube that leaks a bit when filling, so It'll come back off for a quick zap and pressure test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA72C10 View Post
looking and sounding good!
Thanks, it's getting there little by little. It was popping a bit in the video, but I think that's gone away now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Nice job good to see it running and hear that you got your problems figured out ..
Well, most of the problems are sorted so far. Yesterday I finally set the timing properly. The engine had been 'idling' at 1600 rpm. It was sitting at 30° because I’d only eyeballed the rotor orientation before. All that needed to be done turn the dizzy until it came closer to the 4° called for by the service manual and the idle speed is much more inline with what the book calls for. The current list of problems are: figuring out why it doesn't like to fire up without a starting fluid boost, or fire at all when warm and figuring out why it won't go into gear. I can move the shifter around all I want, but it doesn't engage any gear. Meanwhile, the transmission controller shows that it's in 1st no matter what (even with the engine running). Hmmm, time to peruse the service manuals again. And no, the transfer case is not in neutral. I checked.

Last edited by Beelzeburb; 04-28-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Beelzeburb is offline   Reply With Quote