View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 11:04 PM   #121
jbclassix
Junk Yartist

Re: Beelzeburb, The Story More Than a Decade in the Making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzeburb View Post
I'm also definitely going to re-check the timing. I'll be sure to remove the appropriate wire this time. I was curious as to which brand of aftermarket distributor you tried jbclassix. I've heard good things about the GMPP one, but haven't heard anything about other brands.

It's an EST system, not an ESC system, so there's no knock sensor to befuddle things. Coolant sensors read accurately and it holds a steady 195° when warmed up. The MAP sensor gets it's signal straight from the TBI, it's not teed. The heated O2 sensor is doing it's job properly. There are no air leaks at the base of the TBI, I've already checked that. There are currently no codes in the engine computer. Just making sure I've got all of the basics out of the way first before delving deeper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzeburb View Post
1988 C3500
Model #C30903, regular cab, 8' fleetside bed
L19 engine option code, 7.4L V8 engine w/ EFI
YF5 California emissions (same as Federal emissions equipment, just extra testing)
MX1 automatic transmission (TH400)
Most likely GT5 rear axle gears, 4.10:1
KC4 engine oil cooler and V02 H.D. cooling package
Probably had Z82 trailering package too (hitch, wiring, transmission oil cooler)
The dizzy I used was a cheepo off cheepBay. It looked just like the summit one. I dream of having the GMPP one! I am gonna get the cheepo dizzy rebuilt cuz it has a billet base.

Your TBI system came off a 88 and you are running a 4L80E, what ECM are you using? I Know my 91 V2500 burb has the same sensors as my 95 (minus the ESC) as my 95, but they are WAY different from my Bro's 89. Does that make a difference?

YOU ONLY FAIL IF YOU STOP TRYING

70 Crew Cab Build Link

70 GMC Suburban 4X4 build thread

95 Yukon Daily Driver

Rebuilding an NP205
jbclassix is offline   Reply With Quote