View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 01:49 PM   #8
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: Cluster swap from idiot lights to gauges - Few wiring questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
That's what I was figuring but wanted to get some verification before gutting the dash harness.

The easy way costs too much money so I'd rather do the wiring myself and save $100+.

The biggest issue I'm having now is finding the 12-pin Dash Connector terminals. I've found most other connectors on the truck are "Packard 56" style terminals but cannot find those dash connector ones.

Also still hoping someone can share some quality pics of stock wire routing so I have an idea of where things are supposed to lie.
Maybe these photos will help.

The wire from #1 position runs to the light harness near the voltage regulator. It is black with white stripe.

The #12 wire is all black and runs to the junction block near the battery.

Send me your address and I can send you a used connector with the correct terminals. I have looked for years for new ones. They do not exist. As soon as I say that, someone will hopefully prove me wrong.

These two wires will run through the bulkhead connector to the inside of the cab. You don't need to run them through bulkhead but it will make for a more professional job.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote