View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 08:04 PM   #61
McDeezl

Re: '72 GMC long/fleet in Ottawa area

A bit more progress, got the Vintage Air system installed and Retrosound radio with kick panel speakers.
First the Vintage Air install ... Surefit Gen IV system. Pretty straightforward, their kit is really well put together with good instructions and everything you need. The only issue with my install was that the turnkey crate 350 came with an R4 compressor which as it turns out was the reason I decided to build an AC truck in the first place ... already have the compressor so might as well get the rest and build an A/C truck right? So when it came time to connect the hoses I realized that the R4 and turnkey crate didn't come with the fittings adapter on the back of the compressor so started looking online for one of those. While searching I quickly discovered the nothing but negative feedback on the R4 so decided to change that out for a Sanden 508 which is THE way to go. So another order to Vintage Air for that along with the adapter brackets to mount onto the serpentine drive setup. Had a bit of modification to do in order to make it fit, had one spacer I had to cut down a bit and different mount bolts on 2 of the 4 but it fits well and lines up perfect. Then I had to get a new drive belt as the original with the R4 was a bit short. Used a 18 ga wire that I looped through all of the pulleys into the serpentine grooves pulled tight to measure the length and actually got it right first crack. Thought I would end up buying 2-3 belts before I got it right! So it ends up being a 6PK2510 in case anyone doing this might need that info. 2510 is mm for length of the belt.
Attached Images