View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 10:44 PM   #43
Wwes

Re: 83 K10 Survivor, Part 2

Made more progress tonight, first started out by fixing the dash cluster. The original cluster will be re-used, but the ammeter never worked. So I ended up using my backup cluster and putting the ammeter in, and it works good now. I also used the gear selector from the newer cluster, as I like it better.

Next, I fixed the 4WD indicator light on the dash. The light connects to the transfer case switch, which I cut the wires and need to resplice them. The harness is combined with the removed EGR bleed harness, so I separated them and now I have a usable 4WD light on the dash.

Finally, I am wrapping up my A/C system install. I had to splice in the connector for the A/C clutch; the 83 has two wires, one for the clutch, and one for the idle increase solenoid on the carb. The new TBI system has two wires on the opposite side of the harness, so that when the A/C clutch is engaged, the computer knows so it can increase the idle speed a bit. Here's my handi-work cutting and splicing the connectors.

And I was missing my A/C manifold bulkhead connector bolt - luckily the local junkyard had a pancake compressor and the owner just gave me the bolt. Good guys.
Attached Images

Wwes is offline   Reply With Quote