View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 10:58 PM   #47
Wwes

Re: 83 K10 Survivor, Part 2

Time for an update. The old truck sat all winter. I started it up once a month and it always ran ok.

About a month ago I decided to get it road ready. This involved charging the battery fully, adding the rear bumper, checking all the lights, and verifying all safety parts. Then, I got insurance and an antique tag for it. The first time I took it for a drive, I was like "wow this is old". Parked it for a few days, then decided to do the test I had in mind all along - a 200 mile road trip to visit a good friend on the other side of the state for the day. I grabbed my big girl, filled up both tanks, and let her rip.

Truck drove great. Even drove back after dark. I might have a voltage regulator issue (some dim lights and a discharge showing on ammeter, along with a Check engine light - would last about 5 seconds and then go away). About halfway through the night portion, it all started working fine. About 1/3 of the drive was out of cell-service as well, so I was glad to be confident in the old truck.

So that's where we are today, it runs and drives fine, would like to get a full paint and interior refresh done shortly.
Attached Images

Wwes is offline   Reply With Quote