View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 06:01 AM   #17
ChevyRacefan

Re: CD players obsolete?

In the early 2000 Kenwood had a head unit that had a cassette player or c/d player, but instead of having a remote c/d changer that you put in the trunk or under a seat,behind a seat. it was a music storage unit (think same idea as an i pod) And the head unit controlled the index of music on the music storage. It never took off as the size limits of memory/ hard drives.
Today with no limit on memory storage with in reason. This would be great for those that want to play whole albums/cd.
Streaming music is great if you have unlimited data, and only want to hear the Hits and not the deep tracks.
I will assume the flash sticks are the same thing only tiny and limited on how much it holds. (never used them)
I do have a music server in my house that I have much of my music on, Is it better than pulling out an album,cassette,cd. maybe not, but the desktop computer and nas drives take up maybe 2 square feet. My music collection takes up all the wall space of a 18x16 room. So it is all in the game room, and the 2sq foot server is in the tv room.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote