View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 01:20 PM   #1692
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: What did you do to your truck today.The 3rd chapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
thought I was going to catch fire working on my fuel pump to carb hardline. Pretty sure I'll have skin cancer now with all gas pouring on me trying to get it to stop leaking - in the end I had to put my old line back on. Which for the record my hands and arms are still burning.

Ended up having to leave the truck in the driveway since it and my garage/truck smells like its been dipped in a vat of gas! Though I did get to use my xmas present, a LWB Truck cover. She is all tucked in for being outside in the cold ;-)

Note to self: When working on the fuel lines, don't start doing this in the garage - do it all outside in the driveway. Stupid idiot
Next time use a set of vise grips on the rubber hose to clamp the fuel off coming into the pump. Are wherever you can clamp it. Are take the line loose at tank to stop the flow.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote