View Single Post
Old 03-09-2014, 12:56 AM   #81
COS399

Re: 89 GMC Cummins conversion

[quote=84chevyguyid;6562313]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Those Lokar dipsticks have sure went up. I'm going to wait to see how a manipulated stock one fits my truck before biting the bullet and buying one. I hate filling the trans in my Vette that has one. Such a small dang fill hole.

I had to use a lokar dipstick on my vette, tried every way to use the stocker and just couldnt get it to fit. The good thing is that once you get it full you dont have to do it very often. I didnt have a dipstick assy for the allison I am using on the crew cab but I had the stock replacement one that I bought for the 4l80e that wouldnt work in the vette. Its going to be tight to the firewall also and the bends just werent in the right spots, I tried heating it and adjusting it a little and that didnt work either. As an experiment I measured the overall length and cut both ends off and used a piece of silicone oil hose to connect them and I think that will work pretty slick. The dip stick goes in and out of it just fine and no tiny hole to try to fill it through. Nice project by the way COS!
84ChevyguyID - Thanks. Filling up the trans was a PITA, but what I didn't care for is that on the factory dip stick you have your "cold" and "hot" range and on the Lokar it only registers when your in the "hot" range. That is if I had the correct OEM dipstick, not sure since I bought it used.

Your project us coming along nice as well. I think Mud Lake is off of I-15 on the turn off to Rexburg and St. Anthonys correct?
COS399 is offline   Reply With Quote