View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 11:33 AM   #73
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83GMCK2500 View Post
What is it about the C20 suspension that limits your suspension goals/plans? It seems like the market for 8-lug stuff has steadily been increasing (following lots of lowered C30 builds), granted that market still isn't where the 5-lug one is, but it is growing. I ask because a crew-short square is still a somewhat uncommon build, let alone an 8-lug one built to the extent you do.
The stock suspension is way to firm, especially the rear with now load. I dont know yet if I will run air, coil over, or a hybrid of both. Either way, the stock springs will go away. With that part gone, an updated C10 suspension will do everything I want it to do and be much lighter. When your talking about unsprung weight, lighter leads to a better ride and handling. The trade off is brakes. The C20 brakes are plenty adequate, and they can be upgraded slightly. Instead, I'll opt to spend a fortune on big brakes that will do the same as the C20s. Once again, the difference in weight is significant.
Beyond that, its wheel selection. Yes, I know the option for 8 lug styles has increased considerably. Unfortuanly, what available is not he look i'm after.
Quote:
I was just taking a stab when I asked about the buddy buckets! That is GREAT that you are working with Mike on adapting them to Jake. I'm excited to see what the interior turns out like.
He has recently teamed up with Sculpt Garage to offer sculpted foam. There are some new more affordable offerings in factory style foams as well. That final decision is still to be determined.
Quote:
The bed sounds classy, particularly the flooring stained to match body color. Would it serve any purpose for you to consider adding LED cargo lighting similar to the recently available factory option?
I use LED lighting at work, so I am a big fan of its capability. I will absolutely use it through out the entire build.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote