View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #14
DetroitDan

Re: photos of our trucks with light/roll bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManAndrew View Post
They're still not functional as actual rollbars though unless they cut through the bed and mount straight to the frame? Completely useless as anything but a lamp stand otherwise, lol, and I don't think I've ever seen an actual pickup that had it done up that way.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I agree. they always used to be called rollbars, then they started being called light bars, probably for liability. But lots of people still refer to them as rollbars I think. I've seen them screwed to the bed floor with sheetmetal screws. I saw a video years ago of a guy four wheeling with people standing in the bed holding on to the "rollbar". Guy hits a big bump and the people ripped the rollbar right out of the floor and fell out the back of the truck.

I did consider putting a double single in mine, just to keep with the period of the truck, but I ended up getting another backrack instead. Needed someplace to mount my Edge lightbar.

Love the Suburban above, especially the Trans Am style hoodscoop, never seen one like that. I don't see any rollbar in it though, is it inside? ;> ;>