View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 11:34 PM   #5653
BugzC10

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedemon View Post
got to experience the joys of carburation today with a little vapor lock . made it to the bank cashed the check come back out started up a little hard but started . made it to the end of the driveway sputterd right out . checked the choke it was open all the way nothing squirting at all . no tools with me so I sit and wait for it to cool off with the hood open every nitwit with a car smaller than my hood gets behind and starts honking like I'm just sitting there with the hood wide open watching traffic roll on by while I sweat like a pig for fun . I get the idea to check the tank and make sure the gauge is working opens to the pssssssst sound . well its working I got half a tank . thinking its the cap I turn it over to no start . grey beard stops with a can of either fires right up keep it running long enough to get fuel to the carb great . get the cleaner back on shut the hood 1/2 mile down the road and two red lights again sputter and done. same dam thing only this time I left the cap loose nothing squirting wth . I get towed this time down to my brothers shop thinking its gotta be a filter I pull the line off the carb sprayed right in the eye serious fuel pressure . stinking holley carb . pulled the needle and seat put fuel line back on crank her over and we get a flood . getting fuel so blow out and carb cleaner the needle and seat put it back in a little adjustment running good . I pulled the line from the carb and fill a gaterade bottle nothing clean as a whistle the filters are brand new not even 3000 miles yet one under cab one infront of carb . I don't know must have been something in the seat it ran home fine
I feel ya brother...arn't these trucks a blast?