Old 08-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #5665
HO455
Post Whore

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

In
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWNate1 View Post
Obfuscation or lack of understanding how fuel systems work :

No modern Automobile has a 3 ~ 4 PSI fuel system so obviously you cannot use a clear plastic filter .

If properly mounted, the rubber hose at each end would have isolated any vibration, even if it was a thumper .

Sorry you lost a BSA but "It's a poor Mechanic who blames his tools " .

That Tachometer looks good ! .
I am not trying to make things difficult to understand. I have never seen a car come from the factory with a clear plastic filter regardless of pressure. (Now I will admit I have never worked on a Zil or a Lada so it is possible that it has happened but still i haven't seen those cars). Regardless, I believe they are a substandard part that I will not install on any vehicle I own.
My logic is based on the fact that you have no way of verifying how much regrind was used in the plastic when the filter was injected into the mold. Regrind is the term used in plastic injection molding that refers to plastic material that has been heated to the melting point and not used. This could be from the sprue in the mold or just overflow from worn mold. This plastic waste is collected and ground up and added to virgin plastic in order to save money Every plastic material specification has a limit on how much regrind is allowed to be mixed in. Exceeding the regrind amount degrades the ability to meet its engineered specifications. If your making Happy Meal toys your more worried about color and inclusions. If your making pressure vessels there are obviously other concerns. My point is that there are no checks and balances other than you suing the company if the filter splits due to bad plastic. If General Motors is unwilling to go down that road that's good enough for me.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 08-06-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: -2 spelling