View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Wanting to go from static to bags (how does this setup sound?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10_ForDad View Post
Hey guys! On my 70 C10 I have 3 inch drop springs in the front with 2.5 drop spindles, the rear is 5 inch drop springs. Ive recently come around to the thought of bagging it. I dont need to lay frame but Id like to be low. I was hoping you guys could evaluate and give me some insight on my tenative setup. Im wanting

CPP C notch
Michigan Metal Works C10 Upper and Lower Arms (narrows and move the wheels forward)
Slam Specialties SS7's in the front and SS8's in the rear
Keep my 2.5 drop spindles
Add blocks in the rear if needed
An Aire Jax Four Play
X2 Industries Air Pressure Gauge (reads the tank and all 4 bags on one gauge)
A 5 gallon tank mounted somewhere.

My questions are,

I have a big air compressor at home, could I use that to fill my tank so I dont have to run compressors? Or do the 5 gallon tanks not keep enough air for that? And Ive read using a bigger bag in the rear makes it ride smoother, is that true? And hardline or soft line for the air lines? Im very familar with making hardlines for this kinda stuff, I just dont have all the tools at home for it. And last, how would I plumb it up for FBSS, i cant seem to find a good diagram, or at least one that makes sense to me.

Thanks you guys!
Parts combo sounds acceptable. I'm not familiar w/the 'Aire Jax Four Play' set-up so I can't comment on that.

Technically, you can fill your 5gal tank w/the big tank from home. But, it' doesn't do you any good when not @ home so there's that concern.

A 'bigger' bag does change the ride. Whether it's better or worse all depends on the combo & ride height. It's not a one size fits all on this....

I always recommend lowering blocks on anything over 4" for the T/A trucks. The orientation of the rear shocks is already not-so-good. Start lowering it a bunch & it gets worse + travel decreases. The shorter the 'spring', the worse it is on the shock. A taller spring combined w/blocks helps the shock angle as well as doesn't impact travel like it would w/o them.

The bags should be routed to whatever you plan to use for the adjustment control of each corner. What ever that is receives air from the tank--> from the compressor.

Looking @ that set-up you listed, I'm not sure how those paddles distribute. My set-up has air in (to the paddle valve) + air out (to the bag). The pressure gauge is tee'd into each outlet side/corner. So my paddle for the driver front has air-in, air-out, & the 'out' (which actually fills the bag) is tee'd to the gauge so it reads the pressure for that bag/line. On mine (Ridetech manual pneumatic valves) they purge the air out @ the paddle switch. The one you listed might have a common port. IDK...
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 08-18-2020 at 06:13 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote