Thread: royal purple
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 11:41 AM   #4
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: royal purple

And just be aware,, there is Royal Purple, then there is Royal Purple

The street grade is just marketing hype and petroleum die. It's like the ****fire spark plugs and Fram filters and multi electrode exotic metal spark plugs, PROOF there is a sucker born every minute that will believe anything if you throw enough pretty girls in bikinis and fast cars on the face of your advertisements. (no insult intended to anyone buying it)

Then... There is a HUGE difference between that street grade RP and the $13 a quart XPR racing oil. RP made a name for it's self in providing a high pressure lube to help keep racing motors alive. It DOES that job if you buy the RIGHT lubricant for the job. But because of the 'magic' in XPR, it's sold and labeled as NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE ONLY.

Just like Edelbrock, Fram and ACdelco.. If they can make a buck from the name,, they will sell you anything

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote