View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 11:59 PM   #26
1972CheyenneSuper

Re: '72 Super Project: Updates!

Thank you Palf70Step

I didn't get a whole lot done last weekend other than getting the front cross member bolted on. I also removed the front cab mounts of my original '72 frame. Still need to track down a set of rear cab mounts. Picked up a nice set of trailing arms on Tuesday, and worked on stripping them down for blasting, and getting some other misc. parts ready for blasting.

Yesterday, I gave ECE a call and ordered up a 4/6 drop kit, LS mounts, and some other parts. I also managed to get the last upper control arm stud that he had so I lucked out there. Stuff will hopefully roll in next week sometime.

I debated buying the conversion axles and parts for my '67 rear end, but in the end I decided to take my '72 rear end and cut the leaf spring brackets off and weld on the saddles I'll be getting from ECE. My question is will I be ok matching the factory pinion angle of my '67 rear end and later using angled shims to get it where it needs to be. I know the best would be to wait until the whole weight of the truck is together and set the angle and weld eliminating the need for shims. The only issue is, I am going to be a long time from having any sort of body on this thing, and I would like to blast and paint the rear end now. Does anybody else with a 4/6 drop recall what they're using for shims and a factory rear?
1972CheyenneSuper is offline   Reply With Quote