View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 01:42 AM   #32
Easttennceeten

Re: Plans for your trucks this year?

I am planning to get my drivetrain and suspension taken care of so that I can get it back on the road, safe & reliable.
It's been sitting for 19 years so I am going to start with pulling the motor and replacing all of the gaskets and seals. I've already replaced the fuel and ignition systems and got it running good and I know the internals of the motor are good.
While I have the motor apart I plan to either send the transmission off to have it rebuilt, or I might try it myself. Been around 20 years since I've had a transmission apart....
The rearend is good mechanically. I'll just change the gasket and seals in it also.
Next will be wiring. I've never wired a whole vehicle before, but with the kits that are out there now it shouldn't be too bad.
After that I will finish up the suspension. I've already replaced everything except for ball joints and control arm bushings and front & rear springs. Those will get taken care of with 3" drop arms and stock height springs in the front and 5" drop springs in the back.
Then it will just be throwing some fresh tires on to the stock 15×6 wheels that I dug out of the barn after 25 years and drive the crap out of it until I save up more money.

'69 C10 lwb stepside
Easttennceeten is offline   Reply With Quote