View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 03:15 PM   #38
Coley

Smile Re: Plans for your trucks this year?

Some great projects here...I'll be keen to follow the 700R4 upgrade...that is something for further down the road for me as well.
As for my truck...hmmm, lets see...for this year:
-FINALLY put the 12volt 'start' issue to rest with respect to getting the full voltage to the coil for initial (morning) starts.
(I had this fixed for a couple of months...then it returned, but I might start a thread about this journey)
-Re-detail under the hood....new engine paint, touch-ups, decals, etc, etc.
-Full transmission service and fluid change as well as the rear differential.
-Check/upgrade the front steering components to get rid of the slack in the system which is causing some front tire wear.
-Either tighten up the exhaust or lose the headers and go back to the original Ram Horn manifolds and the full/correct heat pipe arrangement.

Hopefulls:
-Source/Buy/Install an upgraded vintage (new tech) radio and while I'm doing the dash tear down....put in my new centre/upper A/C chrome vent, new glovebox liner and possibly a new dash pad.....best to do all of these at once.
-Source/Buy new Highlander seat and get it installed.

....okay, now I can use this list as a reminder for myself.
The truck (like many Canadian vintage vehicles) is off the road for the winter and so I have a few months to consider and collect what I need to do.

All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote