Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 01:03 PM   #119
SCOTI

Re: 1966 C-10 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdad View Post
So I have been reading all of the horror stories here about the weatherstrip gaskets around the doors and honestly have been concerned that I will end up with a truck you have to slam the doors to close them. Last project car I did was a 1963 Karmann Ghia and yes you have to slam the doors. Sucks but they just don't make many options for that car. Anyway I figured I would try the cheap weatherstrip pieces at Classic parts $25 a pair was pretty reasonable. If they don't work well then I can go the import route and spend the extra cash on those as they get good reviews. I put in the as I like to call them "El Cheapos" Adjusted the striker and to my surprise they fit great. The door does not fall shut by itself but I also do not need to slam the door. And they even seal the door.. Thinking I must have gotten lucky or done something wrong.. LOL. Oh well the seals worked out great and now I am finishing off the carpet with new mats and kick panels to match the "El Cheapo" carpet.
Keep thinking I was going to keep this build simple.

What color was the carpet (just to be sure)? Sure looks like it would be a decent match to my 64's interior color (which is not OE).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote