The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2003, 02:00 AM   #1
Nova_Cobra64

Stereo Options

Well, my next, and hopefully final project for the 69 is to install a better stereo. I am going to swap most components over from my beater to the 69.

First I will start with replacing my crappy old aftermarket deck with the newer 160 watt pioneer that I have.

Right now I have plans for a home-made box for the roof. It will go right in the middle of the cab, and be bolted to the rear view mirror holes and the dome light holes. This way we can run wires through the dome light hole. It will have a tweeter, then two 6" triaxials, then another tweeter. Then some swivel lights at the back. It will branch out from the back, with one 4" coaxial on each side.

I also intend to leave the two 6" triaxials that are currently under the dash alone.

Now for my only hangup, the subs and amp. I don't know what direction to take The truck currently has a small rampage amp in it, either 50 or 100w. Now that the deck has higher output I won't need that to power the speakers. I also have three 8" subs and a 200 watt amp from my other truck. There are currently 2 8's in the same box and one in a bass tube with a messed amp. I was thinking of building smaller boxes so they will fit under the seat (I have that dreaded behind the seat gas tank), powering 2 off the big amp, and one off the small one. My friend also has the same 8" subs in the same box with the same 200 watt amp. I could buy them off him since he wreaked his ford and put 2 8's per side with a 200w amp powering each set.

Or my other option is to buy a couple of 10's (and possibly an amp) and use one on each side. The only problem is I don't know if 10's would fit under the seat.

Do you guys have any idea's for me?
Nova_Cobra64 is offline   Reply With Quote