The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Jrromney69
Rollin 16's son!

Finally, my 69.

I finally found some of the only pictures of my truck since now it's crammed up in my garage and all torn into. But my pictures are from the ad I found it on and that's how it sat the day I picked her up.
I also have a picture of my newly ready block and vortec heads that are ready to scream.
Attached Images

Jrromney69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
shootfirst

Re: Finally, my 69.

Is your 69 a 3/4ton? I did the same, started with the motor, had anything special done to it? Are you going to paint the truck purple to match? Interior? Purple Haze. Anyway it looks like she's gonna be sweet and you are off to a good start
shootfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
Jrromney69
Rollin 16's son!

Re: Finally, my 69.

Yeah it's a 3/4 ton. The motor has a bunch done to it... I'll start from the heads down..
Pro magnum roller rockers
Vortec heads, they've been milled for higher compression, and port matched to my exhaust and intake manifolds.
Edelbrock headers
My block is .030 over with forged pistons
Comp Cams camshaft with about 470ish lift.
I think that's about it, I'm running a edelbrock carb and intake to fit my heads. And a full msd ignition system.

And with the exterior I think in the spring I'm going to paint it a matte black color, similar to the color East Side Low Life pulled off with his gmc. And since purple would be a secondary color I would try to use it in my interior along with black and maybe do minimal pinstripes..? I dunno but it'll have the hot rod look just not RED and black like all other hot rods.
Jrromney69 is offline   Reply With Quote