The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-07-2005, 10:39 AM   #1
ts71281

Will new Silverado rims fit our trucks?

Hey guys, quick question. I just bought some 20" Silverado SS rims for my new reg cab short box Silverado but now I'm left with the stock 16" steel wheels with brand new michelin LTX tires. I know on my new Silverado the bolt pattern is 6 on 5.5" just like our trucks. Will my silverado rims fit on my old truck or will I run into issues with hub on the old truck not fitting through the new wheels? I would just go outside and see but my truck is sleeping in the back garage for the winter and I don't want to dig it out quite yet. I just want to know if I should start to try and sell these new chrome 16" silv wheels with new michelins on or can I use them with my '70 C10. Thanks guys!

Joe
ts71281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #2
Putter
More Cowbell....

They will not bolt directly on. The center hole for the hub is too small on the wheel. Also, they have an offset that will cause you some headaches. I had the same idea and tried a set on (or attempted to). I am still running my steel ralleys as we speak.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #3
GreyHoundSteve

The hub on the newer rims is smaller but can be machined a little to work. Let me know what the offset is because i just test fitted some 22x9.5 with+14mm offset on my truck and the only work i had to do was add longer studs to my axels. On the front im running 20x8.5 with +10mm offset with no problems at all. Theres a guy on here who put new escalade 20's on his truck and he said he had to use rear spacers and machine the hub on the front rims. I dont remember his sn but he has a recent post with pics on the suspension forum titled "pics of my truck and dog on 20's" or something like that, should be near the top still.
GreyHoundSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #4
doc_rock

don't the SS rims have a wicked offset?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:07 PM   #5
ts71281

The SS rims use the same offset as the regular silverado 2wd rims. All new style silverado rims have the backspacing anyways as far as I understand. All I know is silverado SS rims will fit a 2wd truck like pictured here. My truck is identical to this truck but mine is black.

ts71281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #6
doc_rock

I dunno, I got a 2003 and they don't look as wide or offset as the SS wheels do, but then I may just be impressed with the SS.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:47 PM   #7
JerseyGirl
American Woman!

I tried to put a set of Escalade Rims on mine....wouldn't go on..too small an opening..for the best though..they wouldnt have looked right!
Old 01-09-2005, 07:57 PM   #8
69moneypit
Divorced .....WITH KIDS

I bought a set of chrome 16 Chevy stocl Silverado wheels and also they would not fit. i can not remember but i think the rear would fit and the front wouldn't fit around the hub. it was pretty close . the really bad part was I have to drive 100 miles to the salvage yard to return the wheels and i had to return the tires also.
69moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote