The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2020, 12:07 AM   #1
Portland68

1973 Blazer Buckets and Rear Seat Questions

I have the opportunity to get the seats and console out of a 73 blazer and am curious what they’re worth (need recovered), what it will take to make them fit my 72 K1500 (just brackets?), and if they are identical to the seats out of a 72. Thanks in advance.
Portland68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 02:19 AM   #2
MattyBs71

Re: 1973 Blazer Buckets and Rear Seat Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portland68 View Post
I have the opportunity to get the seats and console out of a 73 blazer and am curious what they’re worth (need recovered), what it will take to make them fit my 72 K1500 (just brackets?), and if they are identical to the seats out of a 72. Thanks in advance.
So they are nearly identical to 72 buckets. The difference is the side skirts on the frame taper up on the 73 up low back buckets. They are about an inch and a half shorter on the side skirts vs the 72 seats. This means the 72 covers you buy off the shelf aftermarket will be a lil too big on the side skirts. You can tuck that up under the frame though with no real issue.

Brackets you will need passenger stationary brackets. Member Roger Koop on here sells them. For the driver side the brackets, the front feet on 73 up blazer brackets are an inch taller than 69-72 bucket brackets. Easiest thing to do is take some front feet off bench seat brackets and rivet on. Then they will sit right.
As far as what they are worth that really all depends. If they are not rusty then I've seen em go for $800 for a pair of buckets. $500 or so is about average for core buckets that need a lot of work (foam and covers.)
MattyBs71 is offline   Reply With Quote