The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-20-2020, 07:44 AM   #1
Minkota

Panhard / Trac Bar

Does anyone have any experience with the Panhard Bar in the link?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-Per...gAAOSwdW9Z98Q~
Minkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Panhard / Trac Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkota View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the Panhard Bar in the link?
This is their DBL adjustable 'short' Panhard bar that installs in the factory location. What do you need to know or questions do you have?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #3
Minkota

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
This is their DBL adjustable 'short' Panhard bar that installs in the factory location. What do you need to know or questions do you have?
I am curious if it is worth buying since it is half the cost of most others. and if it will work with my truck that has been lowered. I am not sure what the truck has been lowered because it was done by the previous owner. hopefully the pick will help.
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2020, 10:08 AM   #4
SCOTI

Quote:
I am curious if it is worth buying since it is half the cost of most others. and if it will work with my truck that has been lowered. I am not sure what the truck has been lowered because it was done by the previous owner. hopefully the pick will help.
'Short' bars aren't as effective as 'Long' bars but can still help center the rear when lowered. Long bars cost more. I used an early version of the CPP short bar on one of my trucks (only adjustable on one end). I've used Long bars since but my trucks were @ least 6-7" rear drops.

The original Panhard bar centers the rear @ stock height. Once it's lowered, the rear end is shifted over to one side slightly. The shift impacts some vehicles more than others depending on wheel tire combo & body to chassis alignment.

That bar is nice in that it allows adjusting it 'in place' like adjusting the Toe setting when doing an alignment.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Old 05-20-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
Minkota

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
'Short' bars aren't as effective as 'Long' bars but can still help center the rear when lowered. Long bars cost more. I used an early version of the CPP short bar on one of my trucks (only adjustable on one end). I've used Long bars since but my trucks were @ least 6-7" rear drops.

The original Panhard bar centers the rear @ stock height. Once it's lowered, the rear end is shifted over to one side slightly. The shift impacts some vehicles more than others depending on wheel tire combo & body to chassis alignment.

That bar is nice in that it allows adjusting it 'in place' like adjusting the Toe setting when doing an alignment.
I am not running air bags and dont plan to anytime soon so I think the short one will be ok for now at that price.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:30 AM   #6
daddybooz

Quote:
I am not running air bags and dont plan to anytime soon so I think the short one will be ok for now at that price.

Thanks for the help.
I ordered same CPP from summit racing and expected ship date was late June. Cancelled and ordered from GMCPaul's and beleive it shipped yesterday. No rip on on Summit at all but a thumbs up for GMCPaul's for quick ship in today's new world.

I lowered my truck, ECE, and it came with a single hiem and it was a PIA to measure adjust etc. I've order new larger wheels and will have to be spot on to fit in wheel tubes and the double hiem will make adjustments so much easier.

My .02 cents.

Stay safe!
Ceramic center dumps, custom 2 1/2" SS all the way back w/MagnaFlows
2"/4" drop on 15's
daddybooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #7
SCOTI

Quote:

Thanks for the help.
I'm betting you'll be 'ok' w/it. But, know the type of suspension is only part of it. It's how much drop.

The 'Short' bar goes in the factory location which for 67-72's is located @ the top/right of the differential housing over to a bracket riveted to the bottom of the Driver side frame rail. The length of the bar & it's mounting point while functional can definitely be improved.

The 'Long' bars attach to the Pass side lower truck arm which is closer to the center or just below the axle/housing centerline which is better (less side to side movement during suspension compression/extension from its length & better geometry @ that height).

No future plans for other changes in suspension set-up? Sure, run w/it.
If you might tweak things further @ a later date, I'd spend the coin once & get the better option of the Long bar. Either choice functions.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Old 05-20-2020, 03:50 PM   #8
demian5

Ive installed these on many cars and trucks. They work fine.
1983 K2500 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2
Instagram: C10sofOC
demian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:49 PM   #9
72LB

I have one on my 69, works fine.