The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2014, 05:19 AM   #1
'68OrangeSunshine

Do Any Mfrs Still Make Spark Plugs in the USA anymore?

A few years ago I switched to AC/Delco when Champion went south of the border -- along with their quality control. [I will admit I havn't tuned up in a while.] I was able to buy 2 AC R44XLS, Made in USA, and then the next box was Hecho en Methico. So I rejected it. I went to a few different flaps and the same story -- AC, Champion, Autolite -- all made in Mexico.
Finally the counter guy talked me into trying [Nippon]Denso platinum plugs. When I got them home I opened the box, but they were a smaller socket size and too short [not XLS length]. I'll take 'em back tomorrow.
Application is a '68 L6 292, w/ Pertronix Ignitor II in a '68 Chevy C/10 Stepside.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:27 AM   #2
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

Re: Do Any Mfrs Still Make Spark Plugs in the USA anymore?

Good luck. We just don't make ANYTHING here any more.

The good news is China, Mexico, PuertoRico, Brazil.. that's the new good stuff. The indonesia, Korea, VietNam knock offs of the Chineese product is the new crap.

Man that is about the saddest thing I remember typing,,, EVER!

Up until 2011 when Moneywell sold the automotive group Autolites were made here,, now???? if the Ohio plant 'IS' still I'd be surprised. Greed of investors, bankers and entrapenuer pukes buying companies and breaking them up to sell off the pieces to put billions in their own pockets (American worker being the looser) ,, has destroyed what chance America had to remain a leader at anything

So someone PLEASt tell me now this works.,, JUST within the NAFTA...

U.S. goods and services trade with NAFTA totaled $1.2 trillion in 2012 (latest data available). Exports totaled $597 billion; Imports totaled $646 billion. The U.S. goods and services trade deficit with NAFTA was $49 billion in 2012.

source:

And thats the North American totals,, can you imagine what our export of cash overseas is!!! If you want to get totally disgusted and wonder whats going to happen when all the money is gone form the US,, read ALL of the trade agreements.

ooops, sorry, stepping off my soap box...

Answer,, I don't think so!

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:40 PM   #3
Gumby

Re: Do Any Mfrs Still Make Spark Plugs in the USA anymore?

Its a spark plug, the technology to make them requires nothing but a warm body to push the button and refill the bins.

Why they all moved, as the US buiness model is profits and investors first. Writen right into all their corp constutions.

If it means more profits and money 1+1= move to where slave wages are ok.

Only way you can stop that is to never let a company go public and sell stock.
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote