The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old Today, 11:02 AM   #1
1970 CST Short Wide
Senior Moment

What do you like about the State you live in. Done with Ca

Governor Grusome has Ca so F’ed up I can’t hardly stand it anymore. It’s even caused heated discussion between the wife and I. 2 of our 5 Kids are still here so wife wants to stay. We have kids in Arizona, Mississippi and Louisiana, Wife doesn’t like the weather in those states

What do you like best about the State you live in
2019 GMC Diesil Dually. Youngest Son
2017 Toyota SUV Daughters car
2018 Traverse , Wife’s Ride
Pittsburg Ca
1970 CST Short Wide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #2
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Re: What do you like about the State you live in. Done with Ca

Can't say that I blame you, not one bit. But I'm gonna go against the grain and tell you what I like about California.

I live in a small town in the far northern part of the state. Our county is a bit remote & isolated and has clean fresh air (except during wildfires) clean water, no cities, no freeways, four seasons but a mild climate. Our town got its first & only traffic light a few years back. It's just a short walk up the street to the trails that I put a few miles on nearly every morning. More likely to see wildlife than people out there. We've been here 48 years and plan to stay.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #3
tutone

Ive been to CA a few times. Last time was 1977. I probably wouldn't recognize it politically, or physically. My maternal grandparents moved there in the late 50s from here in KY. They moved back and retired here in 1979. Even then I could tell that they were fed up with the west coast. They never went back. I have lived within 20 miles of my childhood homes my entire life. I am a hunter, fisherman and generally an outdoor person. Its hot in the summer, but not unbearable. Winters are mostly mild with a few exceptions. Politically it is a red state with a Dem governor. We do wear shoes, we do have teeth, and not everybody makes moon shine. Taxes are low, healthcare is satisfactory, and places to visit are endless. 10 hour drive to the Gulf Coast, and 12 hours to the Atlantic. Housing, yes we have houses, are cheap compared to Calif prices. My neighbors have listed their house in the high 200s with 1.5 acres. Not a great place, but a really good low crime area where we are. You just better love to mow grass.
1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #4
Sheepdip

Like Stocker says there are some good points about Kalifornia. We too are very rural by choice to separate ourselves from all that nasty stuff you see on the news. Not that it's non existent just very rare. We are too old and too entrenched to up and move so we will ride it out.

One option would be to separate yourselves from the bay area your in now, to a rural area.
The good news is Newsome terms out in 2 years, the bad news is we could get worse.
Sheepdip is online now   Reply With Quote