The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

What ever happened to......

....the vendor discounts that were offered last year?. I remeber several vendors took turns offering items for a limited time at a discount. I think WES or somebody was even selling front disc brake conversions for around $425. GMC Paul was involved as well.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
chevy_fatman
Where's my beer?

Re: What ever happened to......

beats me, all I rememeber was rick doing some discounts, I didn't know other vendors were doing it too

How do you make the invisible, visible?.........You take it away.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:00 PM   #3
68 short step

venders, discounts??????? baaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!
most wont even take 10 or 20 dollars off, or free shipping with big orders......
id like to see a vender give discounts thats worth it to order from them, like free shippping or 10% or 20% off........if a vender will do that.....ill do all my busniess with them.........and to any vender i spent over 3000 in the past month on parts....
Old 03-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #4
farside847

They will only discount when they need to - I guess they have enough orders to be gett'n on with.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #5
pebbleboy
Son Of Gravel Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step
venders, discounts??????? baaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!
most wont even take 10 or 20 dollars off, or free shipping with big orders......
id like to see a vender give discounts thats worth it to order from them, like free shippping or 10% or 20% off........if a vender will do that.....ill do all my busniess with them.........and to any vender i spent over 3000 in the past month on parts....

When I ordered the drop/brake conversion kit and floor pan all GMC Pauls charged me shipping on was the floor pan because of the size of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
What one man calls a budget part, another man calls his entire budget.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbleboy
When I ordered the drop/brake conversion kit and floor pan all GMC Pauls charged me shipping on was the floor pan because of the size of it.
if ya dont mind me asking what did ya pay for the shipping? and what did ya pay total for the parts?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:56 PM   #7
pebbleboy
Son Of Gravel Man

I don't have the exact totals but everything came out to like $1022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man
What one man calls a budget part, another man calls his entire budget.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:03 PM   #8
Wild83C10

Chevy Duty did (may still) have free shipping on orders over $300 (depending on the items of course)

383 MASS-FLO EFI/TKO II 600/3.90 Posi 10 bolt
S475 and C4 DM running, fine tuning
turbo=
Douchebag Racing: Runs Fine all the Time
Old 03-07-2006, 02:11 AM   #9
Solver

I just got all the cab repair panels from Chevy Duty and a few other parts and as long as it is over $300 the shipping was free. have to watch as some parts don't apply to the free shipping. Still a good deal though. Was just in Kansas city last week and the wife was surprised I didn't want to pick anything up at Chevy Duty. When I told her that shipping was free and no tax if sent it was just a better deal. So we went to LMC and I picked up an exhaust system. She asked which one is that for? I told her that I would need it someday and shipping won't be free------ she just shook her head
  • 1972 Cheyenne Super 10 LWB-green
  • 1972 GMC 4x4 LWB-White
  • 1971 Cheyenne 10 LWB-Ochre
  • 1971 Cheyenne 20 Longhorn-Copper
  • 1971 Cheyenne 20 Longhorn-Black
  • 1969 Custom 10 LWB-lt blue
  • 1968 GMC 3/4 ton-green
  • 1968 1/2 ton swb stepside-silver
  • 1967 Chevrolet CST 10 LWB-green
  • 1967 Chevrolet custom 20 LWB-Maroon
Old 03-07-2006, 03:43 AM   #10
72armyswbtruck

I miss being so close to those two vendors, moved away to Idaho, land of the never ending rust free 4x4 trucks
Old 03-07-2006, 09:07 AM   #11
68 short step

whats chevy dutys web page?
Old 03-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #12
farside847

http://www.chevyduty.com/
Old 03-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #13
boundstaffpress
Jamie Hyneman is my twin

I ordered some parts from GMC Paul's because they take paypal, and I had some to spend, but will do most of my ordering from Chevy Duty because they have better prices, and are closer for shipping.

It's just hard to beat service. Things like free color catalog, lower prices, and free shipping over $300 make it an easy choice for me.

SOLD 1967 K10 Fleetside, 283, Front and Rear Posi SOLD

Color Wiring Diagrams Now in High Resolution
V8 and Cab and Cab and Chassis
Old 03-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #14
70c10
67-72 Addict!

Bill Athey recently offered 10% off orders.

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
Old 03-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #15
shifty
Questionable

I would love to see it. I have bitterly found that vendors don't seem to care if you're a part of the community or not. Every time I place an order with anyone, I make sure they know I'm coming from the forum and let them know what my nickname is for reference. I have done this with ECE, Brothers, MotherTruckers, even purchasing from some forum members that are registered vendors and I still have yet to receive a single price break from any vendor except Ed @ Mothertruckers who gave me a hell of a deal on my headers to pricematch with Summit (Thanks, Ed) and I'm not even sure if that was pivotal around me being a forum member. For example, just last week I purchased all new bed and cab bushings for my truck from Brothers the other day, told Jaime, the guy who answered the phone, that I was from the truck forum, went to the site and put in info again that I was with the truck forum, got charged same amount anyways and didn't get so much as a PM at the forum or a post back saying "thanks" or whatever.

I guess maybe some of the vendors are just too big now to think about the little guys that put them there. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong - I can't really see things from their perspective so I would love to see a couple of vendors chip in on this discussion.

You can't tell me that people who are long-standing members of this forum are not a constant source of revenue for vendors. I do not understand why people who've been here for 3-6 months or even a couple of years are not offered at least 5% on orders. As long as it's not cutting into the vendor's bottom line ...

Meh. </steps off soapbox>

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 03-07-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:18 PM   #16
CPNE
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty
I would love to see it. I have bitterly found that vendors don't seem to care if you're a part of the community or not. Every time I place an order with anyone, I make sure they know I'm coming from the forum and let them know what my nickname is for reference. I have done this with ECE, Brothers, MotherTruckers, even purchasing from some forum members that are registered vendors and I still have yet to receive a single price break from any vendor except Ed @ Mothertruckers who gave me a hell of a deal on my headers to pricematch with Summit (Thanks, Ed) and I'm not even sure if that was pivotal around me being a forum member. For example, just last week I purchased all new bed and cab bushings for my truck from Brothers the other day, told Jaime, the guy who answered the phone, that I was from the truck forum, went to the site and put in info again that I was with the truck forum, got charged same amount anyways and didn't get so much as a PM at the forum or a post back saying "thanks" or whatever.
So you want the vendors that help support this board to give you discount because you're a member? Maybe you should PM them and thank them for their banner ad? News flash! God did make little green apples, and it does rain in Indianapolis in the summertime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Zalinsky (Tommy Boy 1995)
Truth is, I make car parts for the American working man because I'm a hell of a salesman and he doesn't know any better.

67 Chevy SWB 2WD stepside 350/3 on tree (Pat's)
67 GMC SWB 2WD Fleet 402/auto (Brian's under construction)
67 Chevy 3/4 ton 2WD 402/auto (Business Hauler)
67 Chevy 1 ton dually 2WD 396/4 speed (Former business hauler, Needs TLC)
68 Chevy 1/2 ton Suburban 2WD 250 six/3 on tree (Brian's Needs TLC)
70 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD 350/4 speed (Pat's - Disguised as a 68 GMC)
71 Chevy SWB stepside (Crushed by tree - parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD (Parts donor)
72 Chevy 3/4 ton 4WD Suburban (Parts Donor)
72 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD 292 six/4 speed (Mine - Disguised as a 67 GMC)
81 GMC 4WD Dually Dump Body 350/4 speed (Business Hauler)
82 Camaro Z/28 355/Super T-10 (Pat's toy)
93 Caprice 9C1 (Brian's Cop Car)
02 Toyota Camry (Reliable but a souless steel and plastic hulk)
2011 2SS RS Camaro M6 Factory Hurst Shifter

Maybe I need to sell some of this crap

Yet another Bozo with a sawz-all
Old 03-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #17
70c10
67-72 Addict!

I think GMC Paul and WES also offered limited time discounts about a year ago on certain items. Athey's has always given me great shipping prices and service.

1970 C/10 Fleetside w/Ghost Flames
Lowered 4.5" front and 4" rear (Raked)
355/350 Turbo w/shift kit
10" Redneck Performance Verter w/2500 stall
Hooker Super Comps part#2808-1
Performer RPM Air-Gap
12 Bolt w/3:73 gears- Eaton Posi
Comp Cams XE262 with 1.6 Crane Energizers, Road Demon 625 and Brodix IK 180 heads
Old 03-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #18
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty

I guess maybe some of the vendors are just too big now to think about the little guys that put them there. Maybe I'm looking at this wrong - I can't really see things from their perspective so I would love to see a couple of vendors chip in on this discussion.

You can't tell me that people who are long-standing members of this forum are not a constant source of revenue for vendors. I do not understand why people who've been here for 3-6 months or even a couple of years are not offered at least 5% on orders. As long as it's not cutting into the vendor's bottom line ...

Meh. </steps off soapbox>
couldnt agree more........... they are to big now and really dont care.the only guy that takes the time out probly would be mark " fuel cell guy". he has hands down the best price, and good to talk to.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:35 PM   #19
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPNE
So you want the vendors that help support this board to give you discount because you're a member? Maybe you should PM them and thank them for their banner ad? News flash! God did make little green apples, and it does rain in Indianapolis in the summertime.
mabey they should save there banner money and give more discounts. besides that word of mouth is the best way to sell... if you're the best/cheapest/nice everyone will go to them.......... mabey this thread should be renamed to "venders read me".....mabey a little insite from them would go a long way here..

also what fantacy world are ya living in?

Last edited by 68 short step; 03-07-2006 at 07:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #20
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

i have seen a number of vendors give discounts and I am sure they will chime in. I have also seen posts on group buys go ignored and so on. As for the banner money perhaps if more members contributed banners wouldn't be necessary at all.

Just remember all the people you see in the banner ads help keep this place here for ya'll to have a place to whine about them.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 PM   #21
junkyardjohn

YEH... THATS IT.. TRASH TALK ALL THESE VENDORS. THAT'LL GET EM ON YOUR SIDE & PROMPT THEM TO OFFER HUGE DISCOUNTS. THESE GUYS MIGHT NOT BE THE ABSOLUTE CHEAPEST ON EVERY PART THAT THEY SELL... BUT THERE IS SUCH THING AS SERVICE. ALL OF THESE VENDORS HERE BUILD THESE TRUCKS & USE WHAT THEY SELL. IF YOU NEED ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION (& DON'T COME ACROSS AS A SMART @SS) THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN HELPFUL & INFORMATIVE. WHY I BET THEY WOULD EVEN TAKE THE TIME TO HELP OUT SOME JERK WHO BOUGHT HIS PARTS ELSEWHERE TO SAVE A FEW PENNIES. I FOR ONE APPRECIATE ALL YOU VENDORS WHO HELP SUPPORT THIS BOARD. JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST
Old 03-07-2006, 11:02 PM   #22
71swb4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 short step
mabey they should save there banner money and give more discounts.
Maybe you should pony up $25 and become a subscriber, of course you don't have to. WHY??? Because the board vendors PAY YOUR WAY by advertising on the site. There's your discount. NOW QUIT WHINING!!
Old 03-07-2006, 11:28 PM   #23
68 short step

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4
Maybe you should pony up $25 and become a subscriber, of course you don't have to. WHY??? Because the board vendors PAY YOUR WAY by advertising on the site. There's your discount. NOW QUIT WHINING!!
please give me a break.... id gladly pay to receive at least some kinda discount for members........no one is paying my way for anything...
if they are how? by letting me type to other truck owners? or by shearing pics and ideas? i have a phone and a scription to classic trucks. or are they paying my way by buying me parts? i just wanna know/ let them know ( from a vender ) if i order over x amount on there parts what can they do in way of helping us out?
Old 03-07-2006, 11:35 PM   #24
CG
BlahBlahBlah

unless all the vendors are in callusion (lol, sp?) the more people that sell this stuff the better for all of us. keeps the prices down with all the competition. personally though i buy mostly from the local guys cause its easier for me, i can just go pick my stuff up. and they are super helpful whenever i have a questions.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:07 AM   #25
lux hauler
Psycho-billy Member

you people crack me up. do you think that the vendors are in business just to give you a deal? Everyone that I know that's in business does it for the money. They can't keep the doors of their business open by giving everyone discounts.
For those that think they deserve a discount.....do you call your electric provider and demand a discount from them?

Support your community, support yourself. Buy local, buy American (or Canadian).
Closed Thread