The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-25-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
skytop

Did you miss the Git Down C10 Party 2016?

Did you miss the Git Down C10 Party 2016?
Check out all the cool vintage rolling iron at this meet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvk5eLLLXs4

Last edited by skytop; 05-25-2017 at 11:35 AM.
skytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:02 PM   #2
hewittca

Re: Did you miss the Git Down C10 Party 2016?

Yep, sure did miss it (I'm on the East coast). I haven't seen this video, thanks for sharing. That's a whole different crowd of C10 enthusiasts than those here on the board. Most of them have migrated away from the board and just stick to social media. It's too bad actually because there are some really amazing trucks in that crowd that are completely missed by those who solely stick to the board.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #3
Overdriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Yep, sure did miss it (I'm on the East coast). I haven't seen this video, thanks for sharing. That's a whole different crowd of C10 enthusiasts than those here on the board. Most of them have migrated away from the board and just stick to social media. It's too bad actually because there are some really amazing trucks in that crowd that are completely missed by those who solely stick to the board.
I missed the event (here on the east coast too), but have seen this video. I'm actually subscribed to Grindertv on YouTube because I came across a video they did of Dino's Git Down in the past. Definitely some really cool trucks there.

Also definitely a shame that so many stick to social media. I'm in my mid 30's and should be into social media but I hate all the various formats. I do follow a couple groups on Facebook because that's the only option for them but it hurts my enjoyment of those groups immensely. I'd much rather be on a forum/board and that's before you take into account all the info gathering social media like Facebook does.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #4
Mollzyie

Quote:

Yep .... ive come to realize that a little while ago . I don't do social media so I miss out on cool stuff like that .

OP thanks for posting vid !
Old 05-25-2017, 09:18 PM   #5
jessemthompson

I wish I could find an event like this to go to. Looks like a great time. I'm just not a fan of social media.
jessemthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:31 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Yep, sure did miss it (I'm on the East coast). I haven't seen this video, thanks for sharing. That's a whole different crowd of C10 enthusiasts than those here on the board. Most of them have migrated away from....................... It's too bad actually because there are some really amazing trucks in that crowd that are completely missed by those who solely stick to the board.
And good people.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #7
Shinysideup

Cool trucks if you like laying frame. Not much of the hipster scene here, thats true.
. [_____(O)_|_'|__}>-------[-_(O)__i'___i (O)-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 P.O.S. View Post
No thank you on that lifetime warranty. I don't want a turd for life.
Shinysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:23 AM   #8
hewittca

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
And good people.
Very true, and quite a few well known builders who started on the boards and for one reason or another stopped posting. I try to stay connected with this group through Instagram where they are the most active. I've thought about starting a thread to open up an avenue for those who use the board exclusively to see some of the builds that are shared only through social media, but ultimately figured that if those people really wanted their builds shared here, they would come by and post it themselves. In this day and age, if you're into these trucks at all and participate in social media, there's no way you don't know about this board.
-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I miss that bunch. I still think we are friends, just out of touch. I could be checking Instagram out (for the first time) just as they could still be checking in here. In fact, I hope their ears are burning right now!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote