The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #1
GmtGmt
Conversion Truck Addicted

The Shop Truck "Little Heartbeat"

Some might remember i bought an round eye stepside 4x4 parts truck
i was thinking about parting it or keep it but the cab was trashed by owner moving it with a backhoe

had a contact in germany Alexander from Morlock Motors about a cab so i know where to get one cheap complete less doors but everything else

so what the heck might as well save it as they are rare here there are more 67-72s here.

my plan is to build a little shop truck, parts runner, emegency/recovery truck for my buddy and mine Auto shop.

the owners says its a 77 with 400 smallblock and a th400 but i think its just a 350 and a th350

i have allready sold/traded of most of the parts along with the trashed cab
so i basicly only got a roller chassie with drive train.

im going to get a decent cab and traded the old parts for a decent front clip, doors and misc parts from a 86 diesel suburban 4x4

this is basicly the idea for the truck

Name:  shortbed work truck.JPG
Views: 830
Size:  27.7 KB

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.

Last edited by GmtGmt; 04-17-2011 at 10:39 AM.
GmtGmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
75ChevyGuy
GM Parts Guy

Re: The Shop Truck "Little Heartbeat"

Any updates on this? I'm very interested to see how this turned out!
75ChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
GmtGmt

at the moment no, we are moving our shop as we had problems with the neighbors,
also the shop is too small to house anything other then compacts lol my crew cab dually bareley fits in there.

around august we should be up and running full time again

this will still be a shop truck

Quote:
Tonight mine pulled a few cars out of snowbanks, and is sitting in my driveway, icicles on the grille, wheels just white cakes of snow, buried up to the lug nuts in powder, straps and chains wrapped around the bumpers, the outline of the wipers clear in 4 inches of snow on the windshield... A tired warrior of the 1980s in a world of low profile tires, front wheel drive, and plastic bumpers, where people stay in their houses until snowplows move the offending substance from their paths, too helpless to travel without AAA and chains and salt, clearing their windows with longhandled brushes while gently stepping around in the snow trying to stay nice and dry.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #4
75ChevyGuy
GM Parts Guy

What are you gonna do with the stepside bed?
75ChevyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
GmtGmt

at the moment i will just keep for now might sell it to maby get some money back i call sell the bed for the price i bought the truck for

Quote:
Old 08-16-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
GmtGmt

well friday im going to pick it up finaly, If the Engine, Frame and transmission are in good condition. Its going to be put back togther if not its going to be parted out

Quote:
Old 10-01-2011, 06:23 PM   #7
GmtGmt

A Change of planes

The Frame is very good condition and the running gear is too got posi in the rear too

I allready trades most of the 70s round eye parts away for better looking quad headlights 85 stuff like i wanted earlyer

we have re shaped he roof a little so the doors are now mounted and can be opened and closed but they bind allittle

Temperary windshield and rear window of acrylic glass
new brake lines and i will rebuild master cylinder and calibers

and looking for somekind of engine and gearbox to thrown in it

this will be a beater shop truck and will be used to plow the driveway and wont really leave the property

Name:  IMG_0039_800x597.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  84.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0040_800x597.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  81.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0042_800x597.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  79.3 KB

Quote: