The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2023, 10:19 AM   #1
HeloCrewChief

My 1968 50th Short Bed Barn Find

I’ve been meaning to share this one for a while. I was not looking for another truck when I stumbled across this one. After talking with a buddy, he talked me into it. The original owner parked it in 2005 once Virginia implemented some sort of emissions change? I don’t live there so have no idea what that was about. After the original owner passed shortly after that, it was moved into his daughters barn. I had to take a shot in the dark as it was 10 hours away and the elderly owners could not send anymore pictures. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised by the glove box having the SPID protecto plate and original purchase paperwork out of Charlotte, North Carolina. Sitting on the floor were NOS rockers, sill plates, weatherstripping and several other NOS parts. I brought it home, cleaned it up and lubed everything up so the hood, doors, tailgate, windows all work well. I’ve been gathering parts for it as I’m undecided on what direction to go in. I just ordered the SMS 50th seat upholstery for it. I used them for my 72 Blazer highlander and it was well worth the wait. I decided to play it smart and order that stuff early on. I just don’t know if I should for the minimal rust repair to the lower panels and reshoot the white only and keep the original patina paint. Blow it apart and do a full nice repaint with modern LS disguised as an original 327 or keep the Inline 6. Anyway, plenty of time before I need to decide on the final outcome. Enjoy the pictures!
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

HeloCrewChief is offline   Reply With Quote